Am I a suitable candidate for a Mummy Makeover?
Who will benefit from a Mummy Makeover?
Are you one of the many women who are struggling to regain your pre pregnancy body? OR have you lost a significant amount of weight and are left with the discomfort of excess skin? You may be a candidate for a Mummy Makeover!
Our popular Mummy Makeover package has been designed for women post pregnancy or after significant weight loss, to restore a more youthful and firmer looking figure. Although baring a child and becoming a mother can be one of the most wonderful experiences in life it can definitely take its toll on your body, as can substantial weight gain and then weight loss.
What is included in the Mummy Makeover?
The most prominent areas that are affected by pregnancy and weight loss are generally your stomach and breasts. A Mummy Makeover combines a series of cosmetic procedures including a Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty), Breast Surgery (either Breast Augmentation, Breast Augmentation with Lift, Breast Lift (no implants) or Breast Reduction) and Liposuction (optional). The main purpose of these procedures are to help with:
- Loose or sagging stomach skin
- Deflated or sagging breasts
- Enlarged or stretched breasts
- Skin laxity that cannot be improved upon through diet and exercise alone
Things to consider before undergoing a Mummy Makeover
1. Do you want to have more children in the future? This is an extremely important decision as it may compromise: any future breast feeding plans if you undergo a Breast Lift + Augmentation.
the results of your Tummy Tuck and Breast surgery outcomes if you decide to have more children after your Mummy Makeover procedures.
2. During your recovery period – if you have young children, you will need someone to look after them plus assist you around the house. It will not be possible to take care of your family by yourself without compromising your health and your surgery results.
3. Smoking and/or drinking alcohol must STOP at least 4 weeks before and after your surgery. This is to ensure that you heal and recover smoothly without compromising your safety and health. See smoking vs. surgery for more information
4. Some people are more prone to scarring than others. If you know you are prone to poor wound healing/Keloid scarring, make sure to discuss with your surgeon beforehand. It is important to go into surgery with realistic expectations and not expect to heal and recover the same as another person who has had the same procedure but is not likely to have scar issues – Non caucasian and very fair skin tones are more prone to these complications, if you are not sure please discuss with your client manager.
How soon after having children can I have a Mummy Makeover?
It is vital that new Mums allow enough time for their bodies to fully recover post pregnancy and breastfeeding. An optimum time to wait is approximately 6-12 months after you have finished breastfeeding. Not everyone will be a candidate for a Mummy Makeover and there are several requirements in order for you to be eligible for surgery including your weight being healthy and other medical requirements. Talk to CosMediTour for more details or see ‘Breastfeeding after Breast Surgery’
What to expect
When you arrive in Thailand for your face-to-face consultation with your surgeon, they will explain the surgery process to you and ensure you completely understand what is going to happen. Our Plastic Reconstructive Surgeons are extremely experienced with this procedure and we trust that they will provide you with the correct recommendations to ensure the best possible outcome for your case.
Surgery time: Undergoing multiple procedures can take between 6 – 8 hours to complete. However, occasionally for whatever reason, your surgeon may require you to have surgery in separate stages, rather than completing the entire surgery in the one session.
Pain and Discomfort: Everyone will experience a different level of pain and discomfort post surgery. Your surgeon will give you medication for pain relief (please note all patients have a different pain threshold – some may be in less discomfort than others). You will be given post surgery instructions regarding your recovery as well as specialised post surgery garments
After care: You will have a postoperative check-up five to seven days after your surgery. Your surgeon will check and clean your wounds and give further instructions for recovery back home. Depending on how you are heeling, further check-ups may be necessary.
Final Results: It will be six months to a year before you experience the final outcome of your mummy makeover.
BEFORE BOOKING YOUR MUMMY MAKEOVER
RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH!! It is imperative that each client does their own individual research before undergoing any surgical procedure. This will not only prepare you for what to expect, but you can understand the risks involved, post surgery recovery (what you can and can’t do) and ensure you are in the best mindset for your operation. Preparation is key to a successful surgery! For further research see our Educational Blog Page!
After 2 years of hard work, discipline and determination, Tara reached her goal weight of 70kgs and felt fit, happy and healthy! However, although she felt great, Tara was left in the discomfort of excess skin around her stomach and breasts concealing her new and improved figure that she deserved to show off and be proud of.
“For anyone who is like me and had their body change after weight loss or having children, it is reversible. it is not superficial to be happy. There is one person who has to look into that mirror everyday and like what they see; you.” – Tara
- Am I a suitable candidate for a Tummy Tuck?
- How Labiaplasty Surgery Can Enhance a Woman’s Quality of Life!
- Am I a suitable weight for surgery?
- Breastfeeding and Breast Surgery
- Why do I require a Breast Lift?
Disclaimer: Please note any information provided should be used only as an information guide and not CosMediTour giving advice. Please ensure you do your own valid surgery research and seek advice from a general practitioner to enable you to be fully informed about surgery.