Surgery Travel to Thailand: What You Need To Know
There are a number of very important things that you need to know and do in preparation for your surgery journey to Thailand.
If you require clarity about any of the items outlined here, please don’t hesitate to contact your Client Manager.
Mandatory COVID-19 Clearance for Surgery
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL CLIENTS
It is very important that all clients travelling to Thailand:
- Complete a COVID-19 test before travelling to Thailand, even if you are not exhibiting any symptoms. Remember also that patients can test positive to COVID-19 for up to three months after their initial infection.
- If you test positive to COVID-19 before travelling, please contact your Client Manager to discuss surgery amendment options – please note, our Cancellation & Amendment Policy applies.
- Arrange the appropriate COVID-19 Travel Insurance Policy.
- Familiarise yourself with CosMediTour's Terms & Conditions and Cancellation & Amendment Policy in relation to COVID-19
MANDATORY PRE-SURGERY COVID-19 TEST
Before surgery, you will be required to undergo a mandatory COVID-19 test at your hospital. If you test positive to COVID-19, your surgery will be postponed until you receive a negative result.*
In this instance, your CosMediTour Client Liaison in Thailand will be on hand to help make arrangements for you. Importantly however, you will be responsible for all expenses related to amending your accommodation, surgery, flights and other expenses that may arise.
As always, we're here to help. If you have any questions, please contact your Client Manager.
*Rescheduling your surgery will also be dependent on your health, the availability of your Surgeon and the hospital, and the nature of your surgery as some procedures (ie Rhinoplasty) may require a longer period post-infection.
COVID-19 Travel Requirements For Thailand
There are no longer any COVID-19 related requirements to enter Thailand. All travellers, regardless of vaccination status, can enter Thailand without the need to produce vaccination certificates or PCR test results.
STAY UP TO DATE
Testing and travel restrictions surrounding COVID-19 can change at short notice. It’s important to stay up to date on these conditions by continually checking relevant government websites.
Government Travel Advice
To ensure your safety when travelling, it’s vital that you understand your government’s latest travel advice to Thailand. Your country’s travel advice website contains important information about Thailand's local laws, health advice, and visitor safety protocols:
Australia | New Zealand | Singapore | UK | UAE | USA | Canada
Whilst travel insurance is not mandatory, it is strongly recommended that you do take out a policy that includes coverage for COVID-19. Without this level of cover you could be responsible for costly fees relating to quarantine or trip cancellation. Please do your research on providers, or seek assistance from an accredited travel agent.
Please note : Travel insurance is in no way related to, or associated with the CosMediTour Surgery Travel Warranty.
Medication Travel Certificates
If you plan to take medication to Thailand, (prescription or over-the counter) you must:
- Visit your GP to obtain a Medical Certificate that includes what each medication is, the dose, and that it is intended for personal use. At the same time, ask your GP to make sure your medication is legal in Thailand.
- Ensure all medication it is in its original packaging
- Only take enough medicine for duration of your trip
You’ll need to have a passport with at least 6 months of validity at the time of your departure.
IMPORTANT The information on this website is intended to provide a general guide only. It isn’t intended to be, nor should it be relied on, as a substitute for legal or other professional advice. Clients need to take responsibility for their overseas travel decisions and should obtain any appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances. Whilst care has been taken in the preparation of this content, CosMediTour does not guarantee the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of any material on this or any linked site. CosMediTour accepts no legal liability arising from or connected to any material on this website or on any linked site.