Vaginoplasty (also known as posterior colporrhaphy) is a reconstructive cosmetic procedure designed to tighten the vagina. After childbirth, many women may complain of vaginal laxity, resulting from stretching of tissues and separating of muscles, this lack of tone can contribute to sexual dysfunction, bladder issues and frustration. Vaginoplasty is performed to repair of the vaginal canal and opening of the vagina for enhancement of sexual function. The concept may be referred to as “aesthetic vaginal surgery”, “vaginoplasty”, “vaginal tightening”, or “cosmetic vaginal surgery”
The amount of damage at the time of vaginal childbirth has also been shown to be strongly correlated with sexual function. The Vaginoplasty/Vaginal Rejuvenation/Vaginal Tightening or Posterior Vaginal Repair is a surgical procedure performed to fix Vaginal Relaxation. Women with vaginal relaxation often complain they no longer feel the same amount of friction during intercourse. They will often describe vaginal looseness as a decrease in a woman’s ability to attain vaginal orgasms.
CosMediTour – Vaginoplasty
|Prices:||See our Prices page for full price list|
|Surgeon:||Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon|
|Consultation:||Free Surgeon Consultation|
|Surgery Time:||1 – 2 hours|
|Anaesthesia:||General Anesthesia or Local Anaesthesia (price varies depending)|
Note: Twilight Sedation is not used. What is this?
|Time Away:||5 nights|
|Hospital Transfers:||All transfers included|
|Post-Operative Appointments:||Follow up 5 – 7 days|
|Recovery time:||Up to 6 months|
A vaginoplasty brings the separated muscles together, and the extra mucosa skin from the back side of the vagina is removed. The external skin can also be removed for a more aesthetic appearance. Once the amount of tightening to be done is determined, a pie-shape wedge is marked to delineate the extra skin to be removed from inside the vagina. Doctor will suture edges of the wound or two sides of the V- shape incision with slow absorbable suture beginning with the narrow cervical side. Beneath the skin, the tissues are tightened with strong sutures. Doctor will do the suturing and tightening along the entire length of the posterior vaginal wall. The suturing is done alternatively with 2 or 3 layers to avoid the post-operative bleeding. Once the vaginal canal has been tightened, the mucosal skin is sutured closed. If there is external skin that protrudes, this can be reduced as well for a more aesthetic result.
Vaginoplasty Price Includes:
- Vaginoplasty Surgery
- Surgery at one of Thailand’s JCI Internationally Accredited Hospitals in Bangkok or Phuket
- Operating Theatre, Anaesthesiologist and all associated surgery and Hospital charges
- All drugs, routine and take home medications
- Surgery by a renowned Plastic Surgeon, including pre and post-surgery consultations
- Hospital transfers are only included for procedures over 90,000 THB
- CosMediTour’s Bangkok Medical and Aesthetic Clinic (in AETAS Bangkok Hotel complex) with support from Doctors and Registered Nurses (if required – Bangkok only)
- CosMediTour Destination Client Relations Manager
- Private ‘Invitation Only’ CosMediTour Surgery Forum to connect up with many other CosMediTour Clients and Patients staying in Thailand before you travel and during your stay
* Note: All procedures in Thailand, are based on standard, non-complicated procedure patients.
Risks – Vaginoplasty
Potential Surgery Risks and Complications vary from patient to patient depending on a range of factors and the extent of surgical work required. Regardless of how remote, the potential risks are listed below are possible. Your own research is essential especially if you are considering surgery. Following pre and post surgical care and instructions will also reduce your risks. See the following potential risks and complications include and not limited to:
- Hematoma or abscess
- Injury to an adjacent organ which could produce a “fistula” or excessive loss of blood which may lead to the necessity for other procedures to control bleeding and/or repair the injury.
- Delayed or incomplete healing
- Excessive or prolonged postoperative pain, or other rare events.