Our Procedures Menu
Clitoral Hood Reduction
Clitoral Hood Reduction procedure is most commonly done along with a Labiaplasty. Excess folds of the clitoral hood, or prepuce, can be reduced with a clitoral hood reduction. The extra folds can create a bulge that is exaggerated when the labia minora are reduced, and a clitoral hood reduction can improve the balance in appearance of the female genitalia.
As the labia minora “begin” superiorly, “flowing down” from one or more of the varying folds of epithelium making up the central, medial (lateral folds of the central hood), and lateral (preputial) folds of the “clitoral hood”, these hood holds are frequently a part of the “tissue protrusion” that is bothersome to the patient. Only occasionally are hood size reductions performed solo, without labia reduction.
CosMediTour – Clitoral Hood Reduction
|Prices:||See our Prices page for full price list|
|Surgeon:||Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon|
|Consultation:||Free Surgeon Consultation|
|Surgery Time:||1 hour|
|Anaesthesia:||General Anesthesia or Local Anaesthesia (price varies depending)|
|Time Away:||5 + nights|
|Hospital Transfers:||Transfers are included|
|Post-Operative Appointments:||Follow up 5 – 7 days|
|Recovery time:||Up to 6 months|
Clitoral Hood Reduction Surgery
As noted hood reduction is either continuous with the labia excision line, or separate, if the anatomic area of hood hypertrophy does not connect directly with the area of labia reduction. The excess tissue is marked according to the individual’s anatomy. There is a wide variation in the shape and extent of folds. In some patients the excision is performed as a “Y” extension off the Labiaplasty. Closure is usually done with absorbable sutures. This is very delicate tissue and requires careful surgical technique to avoid scarring and avoid taking too much skin. A Clitoral Hood Reduction is usually done at the time of a Labiaplasty under either local anesthesia with oral sedation or under general anesthesia.
Potential Surgery Risks and Complications vary from patient to patient depending on a range of factors and the extent of surgical work required. Regardless of how remote, the potential risks are listed below are possible. Your own research is essential especially if you are considering surgery. Following pre and post surgical care and instructions will also reduce your risks. See the following potential risks and complications include and not limited to:
- Incomplete or prolonged healing
- Opening of the incision, irregularity, scarring, or dissymmetry of the size of the labia after surgery
- Infection, painful sexual relations, delayed bleeding after surgery, increased or decreased sensation, and other rare events.
- The surgical area will be swollen, uneven in appearance, and discolored in the weeks after surgery
Clitoral Hood Reduction Price Includes:
- Clitoral Hood Reduction Surgery
- Surgery at one of Thailand’s JCI Internationally Accredited Hospitals in Bangkok or Phuket
- Operating Theatre, Anaesthesiologist and all associated surgery and Hospital charges
- All drugs, routine and take home medications
- Surgery by a renowned Plastic Surgeon, including pre and post-surgery consultations
- Hospital transfers are only included for procedures over 90,000 THB
- CosMediTour’s Bangkok Medical and Aesthetic Clinic (in AETAS Bangkok Hotel complex) with support from Doctors and Registered Nurses (if required – Bangkok only)
- CosMediTour Destination Client Relations Manager
- Private ‘Invitation Only’ CosMediTour Surgery Forum to connect up with many other CosMediTour Clients and Patients staying in Thailand before you travel and during your stay
* Note: All procedures in Thailand, are based on standard, non-complicated procedure patients.