Our Procedures Menu
Things you must know before considering any surgical procedure:
It is important to understand the risks involved with any surgical procedure. The decision to undergo a surgical procedure should be based on the comparison of risk to potential benefit. Although the majority of patients do not experience any post-surgical complications, it is imperative that you do your own research related to that particular procedure, seek a second opinion from a qualified medical professional and then consider your options.
- Optimal to be at your ideal weight and BMI under 28
- You are physically, medically and mentally healthy with realistic expectations
- Have no medical issues
- Thailand surgery – 18 – 20 years of age, requires signed Parental or Guardian Consent forms and approval by the Hospital prior to confirmation of surgery.
Pre-Surgery General Guidelines
- Avoid all prescribed and over the counter medications including aspirin (unless specified only by your Medical Practitioner), anti-inflammatories, vitamins, herbs, all supplements, excessive alcohol, particularly red wine for at least 2 weeks prior to surgery. Panadol is acceptable
- Smoking increases surgical, anaesthetic, infection and recovery risks and should always be stopped at least 2 weeks before and following surgery. Best to quit completely.
Post-Surgery and Care
- Follow your Plastic Surgeon’s post-surgical instructions
- Pain medication and antibiotics will be prescribed
- Wear a support garment – for several weeks or longer to aid healing and aesthetic outcome, for breast implant procedure patients, continue to massage breasts for up to 6 months after breast surgery if recommended by your Plastic Surgeon
- Avoid initially and then limit exposure to swimming, excessive sweating, any steam, saunas, spas baths, showers and direct exposure to sunlight to the suture sites.
Possible Risks and Complications
All surgical procedures carry potential risks and complications. Risks vary from patient to patient and can be reduced if you follow your Plastic Surgeon’s post-surgical care instructions. CosMediTour recommends that you do your own research about risks and complications related to your required procedure.