Sometimes referred to as a ‘Nose Job’, Nose Augmentation, Reduction or Correction are all common procedures which reshape the nose to be smaller, bigger, narrow the nostril openings, alter the shape of the tip or bridge and angle between the upper lip and the nose, or any combination of these, into a proportion that will balance and enhance your face.
Nose surgery is popular with both men and women as it can improve the shape, size and appearance of your nose, which can result in changing the overall definition of your face. It can also make breathing easier for people with congenital abnormalities or those who have suffered trauma to the nose. Your nose is composed of bone and cartilage with a thin layer of muscle underneath your skin and fat.
6 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE CONSIDERING A NOSE JOB – EDUCATIONAL BLOG
CosMediTour – Nose Correction
|Surgeon:||Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon|
|Consultation:||Free Surgeon Consultation|
|Surgery Time:||1 – 3 hours – depending on the work required and technique used|
|Anaesthesia:||General Anaesthesia or Local Anaesthesia|
Note: Twilight Sedation is not used. What is this?
|Time Away:||10 – 14 nights|
|Hospital Transfers:||Hospital transfers are included|
|Post-Operative Appointments:||Follow up 5 – 7 days|
|Recovery time:||12 – 24 months|
|Bruising and swelling:||Typically up to 2 weeks, full healing and swelling up to 3 months|
This technique involves only one extra incision, cutting the skin at the bottom of the nose and separating the 2 nostrils, from the underlying framework of the nose. Depending if the size is to be increased or reduced, the Surgeon will manipulate the bone and cartilage to the desired shape – either by an incision inside the nostrils or across the Columella (the vertical strip of tissue separating the nostrils).
Closed Rhinoplasty (Endonasal)
all of the incisions are positioned internally so there are no visible scars however, this technique makes repositioning of the nasal skin more difficult and there is limited visibility but the bruising and healing time is usually less. Some work on the septum, repairing nasal depressions or minor reshaping of the tip of the nose and fracture repairs can be achieved with a Closed Rhinoplasty technique. There is also limited access to the nasal framework, so this technique is not usually chosen where the objective is mainly to improve the profile or shape of the nose.
Nose Augmentation (Nose implant) – individually designed silicone implant is inserted in a pocket made at the bridge of the nose through an incision approximately 1 cm on the sides of the nostrils. Variations on this approach depend on the Surgeon.
Alarplasty (Decrease nostrils) – incisions are made to remove nasal skin and tissue at the base of the nose to make it more proportional with the width of the nose. The procedure is done in 30 – 45 minutes. The patient is made to recover from the sedative for approximately an hour and a cold compress is applied over the operative site.
Potential Surgery Risks and Complications vary from patient to patient depending on a range of factors and the extent of surgical work required. Regardless of how remote, the potential risks are listed below are possible. Your own research is essential especially if you are considering surgery. Following pre and post surgical care and instructions will also reduce your risks. See the following potential risks and complications include and not limited to:
- Swelling, bruising “panda eyes”, abscess (from infection – rare), Adhesions (scars internally), numbness, reaction to anaesthesia and other medications
- Perforated Septum
- Asymmetry (Symmetry never guaranteed)
- Weakness or sinking
- Over rotated tip, Pinched tip
Nose Correction Price Includes:
- Rhinoplasty (Nose Correction) Surgery
- Surgery at one of Thailand’s JCI Internationally Accredited Hospitals in Bangkok or Phuket
- Operating Theatre, Anaesthesiologist and all associated surgery and Hospital charges
- All drugs, routine and take home medications
- Surgery by a renowned Plastic Surgeon, including pre and post-surgery consultations
- Transfers: Airport / Hospital / Hotel / All Hospital follow ups / Airport
- Hospital transfers are only included for procedures over 90,000 THB. (Yanhee Hospital do not offer transfers)
- 1 night (post-surgery) in a Private Hospital Room
- CosMediTour’s Bangkok Medical and Aesthetic Clinic (in AETAS Bangkok Hotel complex) with support from Doctors and Registered Nurses (if required – Bangkok only)
- CosMediTour Destination Client Relations Manager
- Private ‘Invitation Only’ CosMediTour Surgery Forum to connect up with many other CosMediTour Clients and Patients staying in Thailand before you travel and during your stay
* Note: All procedures in Thailand, are based on standard, non-complicated procedure patients.
FAQ’s – Nose Correction
Difference between Open and Closed Rhinoplasty?
The main difference is a small incision is made on the underside of the nose where the skin is pulled up to perform an Open Rhinoplasty. This gives the Surgeon more access to the nasal framework, where a Closed Rhinoplasty has challenges and technical limitations due to the lack of surgical access.
When can I go back to my normal exercise routine?
You can resume your exercise routine about 4-6 weeks after surgery. Don’t do anything that might increase nasal swelling so avoid having your head lower than your heart. Exercise gently at first and see how you go.
Do I need to wear a nasal cast/splint and packing?
Your Surgeon will generally require you to wear a nasal cast and packing for the first 5 – 7 days after your Rhinoplasty, and this is removed at your post-surgery follow up.
How long does the swelling and bruising last?
The swelling will generally last up to 12 months. After 6 months the swelling will almost be unnoticeable. Some people have more bruising than others and this can generally last up to 2 weeks.
SEE OUR EDUCATIONAL BLOG – 6 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE CONSIDERING A NOSE JOB