Facial Micro-Fat Filling & Why You Need To Know About This New Procedure!
What is Facial Micro-Fat Filling?
One of the most noticeable effects of ageing is a significant loss of volume to the face and skin elasticity, which gives the face a tired look, sagging skin, wrinkles, and you may look older than you feel! Ironically, as facial fat decreases, unwanted excess body fat can increase with age and that is when Facial Micro-Fat Filling can be your answer – Strategic fat transfer, from the body to the face.
Recently having become very popular and gaining significant interest, Micro-fat filling, also known as fat filling, fat grafting, Microlipoinjection, and autologous fat transfer, is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure used to volumize or plump up sunken areas of the face, thereby smoothing out the hollow and gaunt areas and ultimately creating a more balanced, healthier and youthful appearance. This procedure is performed by CosMediTour Plastic Surgeons in combination with other facial surgical procedures, such as a Facelift, Brow Lift or Eyelid surgery to enhance results.
Unlike other age defining injections, the Micro-Fat filling technique is known to be the natural alternative, with the risk of allergic reaction eliminated, as the fat cells used are all from the patient’s own body fat. Another advantage of this surgical technique is that stem cells are also transferred with fat cells to rejuvenate the treated area and regenerate the bodies cells in general.
How Does Facial Micro-Fat Filling Work? Where is the Fat Taken From?
Facial Micro-Fat Filling uses advanced techniques and specialised equipment to collect predetermined fat from a high fat area of the patient’s body, such as the thighs, waist, and abdomen. As Facial Micro-Fat Filling only requires very minimal fat, it is carefully collected using micro Liposuction, with a very fine and narrow microcannula instrument. The incisions are very small, often so small no suturing is required, allowing optimal healing and results.
Once the fat cells have been carefully collected from the body, the extraction process begins, purifying and cleaning the fat cells using a specialised machine to separate the unwanted blood cells. The final step involves the filling process with the purified fat cells into the targeted facial areas.
What Areas of the Face Can be Treated by Micro-Fat Filling? What are the Benefits?
- The under eye area and tear troughs – to smooth the transition between the lower eye socket and the cheeks, minimising lines whilst restoring volume.
- Cheeks and mid face – to lift the mid face area, whilst plumping up deflated cheeks.
- Forehead creases, folds, lines and between the eyebrows – to create smoothness and balance.
- Jawline and chin – for a smoother appearance.
- Crow’s feet, temple lines, creases, and folds – for a smoother more balanced appearance.
- Nose – to plump up or improve the natural contour, especially the tip area.
- Deep creases around the mouth – marionette lines (mouth corners) and nasolabial folds (smile lines) to soften appearance.
- Shallow scarring caused by acne scarring, scars, chicken pox etc – smooth out the scar or depressions in the face.
Post Micro-Fat Filling
After the initial swelling and bruising has subsided, the fat cells will regenerate and attain their new blood supply. Results may be evident immediately after surgery, although most patients see noticeable results within three to six months. Full results may take up to one year.
To secure a FREE CosMediTour Assessment and a FREE online quote! Click HERE to start your journey.
Disclaimer: Please note any information provided should be used only as an information guide and not CosMediTour giving advice. Do your own valid surgery research and seek advice from a general practitioner to enable you to be fully informed about surgery. CosMediTour Surgery Terms & Conditions apply.