9 Tips to Secure Your Personal Belongings Whilst Travelling
Travelling involves carrying your belongings with you whilst moving from one place to another – no matter where you are in the world. Whilst travelling gives great excitement and adventure, it also can involves risks, which can be managed with good preparation, organisation and awareness.
Here are 9 tips that will help you mitigate any risks involving your personal belongings whilst travelling:
- Pack minimalistic – light clothing, nothing valuable and no jewellery (except for your watch). Never flaunt your valuable whilst travelling – you could become a target.
- If taking any electronic devices, make a list, as any loss of these items will need to be reported to your travel insurance provider when making a claim. Read your full product disclosure statement when purchasing travel insurance for more information.
- Make sure your handbag is secure and closed at all times. Use a secure Travel Money Belt – for your passport, cards, cash and flight ticket.
- Use a small wallet and choose only minimal cards eg. Credit and Debit card/s and minimal cash.
- Do not travel with large denominations of cash, especially your home Countries currency. A mix of small denominations of cash are much more convenient whilst in transit and in general whilst at your destination.
- Use reputable enclosed bank ATMs and avoid using street ATMs where possible. Eg. Hospitals and shopping centres have reputable ATMs within.
- Ensure that you always use the safe provided in our associated hotels and hospitals to secure your passport, extra cash and other valuable items.
- Be aware of your valuables at all times and hide from temptation, out of sight really can be out of mind.
- Be aware of your surroundings and people in and around the hospital and your hotel.
Please remember that you (and your companion), are responsible for all of your personal items and valuables that you bring. CosMediTour and our associated hospitals and hotels are not liable nor accountable for any losses or theft whilst you are on your Surgical journey.
To ensure a positive all round surgery journey experience, always follow the good practices mentioned above.
Enquire now for more information here