Breast Augmentation Revision
Breast Augmentation Revision is removal of implants from a previous Breast Augmentation due to issues with existing implants or where the patient is wishing to change the size, shape or appearance of their breasts.
The implant may also need replacing due to issues such as the implant having ruptured or damaged, or you may have complications of capsular contracture, infection, rippling, asymmetry or unrelated health problems. The surgery can also be combined with a Breast Lift.
CosMediTour – Breast Revision
|Surgeon:||Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon|
|Consultation:||Free Surgeon Consultation|
|Surgery Time:||2 – 3+ hours|
Note: Twilight Sedation is not used. What is this?
|Hospitalisation:||1 – 2+ nights|
|Time Away:||10 – 16 nights|
|Hospital Transfers:||Transfers are included|
|Post-Operative Appointments:||Follow up 5 – 7 days|
|Recovery time:||Up to 6 months|
To find out more information regarding the brands, sizes, shapes, profiles of implants; and incision sites, please click the button below to view on our breast implant page.
Some revision cases are more complex than others, depending on the reasons for having the Breast Revision. A simple case of exchanging old implants to larger implants will require dissecting more of the existing pocket and replacing the old implant with a larger volume implant. A more complex surgery could include changing the implant to a smaller volume which would involve closing part of the pocket. Some other complex cases may include correcting capsular contracture, symmastia, bottoming out or correcting loose tissue.
In each of these cases, your Plastic Surgeon will need to perform some corrective surgery in addition to the implant exchange. Correcting capsular contracture may involve completely removing the capsule (capsulectomy) and moving the implants from the current position above or below the muscle to a new pocket.
In some cases, the old implants may be removed, the pockets reduced and/or closed – then new implants placed 6 months later in a second surgery.
Potential Surgery Risks and Complications vary from patient to patient depending on a range of factors and the extent of surgical work required. Regardless of how remote, the potential risks are listed below are possible. Your own research is essential especially if you are considering surgery. Following pre and post surgical care and instructions will also reduce your risks. See the following potential risks and complications include and not limited to:
- Temporary pain, swelling, bruising, infection, scarring, fluid build up (seroma), bleeding and haematoma, numbness, Keloid scarring, reaction to anaesthesia and medications
- Change in nipple sensation (hypersensitive or under sensitive)
- Poor healing or Necrosis (common with smokers)
- Issues if new pocket is to be created
- Implant Rupture
- Implant folding, rotation, rippling, bottoming out, asymmetry (symmetry is never guaranteed, double bubble (especially women with “tuberous breasts”), Capsular contracture, Implant rejection
- Stretch marks (abrupt expansion of the tissues)
- Results are never guaranteed for any revision patient, particularly patients that have had previous multiple revisions, for whatever reason. Surgeons will determine acceptance of ‘revision of previous surgery’ of another surgeon.
Breast Revision Price Includes:
- Breast Revision Surgery
- No surcharge for dual plane implant placement (above / under pectoral muscle) – (Bangpakok9 International Hospital only)
- Surgery at one of Thailand’s JCI Internationally Accredited Hospitals in Bangkok or Phuket
- Operating Theatre, Anaesthesiologist and all associated surgery and Hospital charges
- All drugs, routine and take home medications
- Surgery by a renowned Plastic Surgeon, including pre and post-surgery consultations
- Highest quality Allergan or Mentor smooth or textured, round silicone gel implants (under 400cc in Bangkok and under 500cc in Phuket)
- Transfers: Airport / Hospital / Hotel / All Hospital follow ups / Airport – Hospital transfers are included for procedures over 90,000 THB. (Yanhee Hospital do not offer transfers)
- 1 – 2 nights (post-surgery) in a Private Hospital Room
- CosMediTour’s Bangkok Medical and Aesthetic Clinic (in AETAS Bangkok Hotel complex) with support from Doctors and Registered Nurses (if required – Bangkok only)
- CosMediTour Destination Client Relations Manager
- Private ‘Invitation Only’ CosMediTour Surgery Forum to connect up with many other CosMediTour Clients and Patients staying in Thailand before you travel and during your stay
* Note: All procedures in Thailand, are based on standard, non-complicated procedure patients.
FAQ’s – Breast Revision
Can I have my implant placed through the same incision site as before?
Yes, most likely you will be able to use the same incision site but this will depend on a number of factors and will need to be determined by your Surgeon.
Can under the muscle implants be moved to over?
It is possible to do this procedure but it is generally not recommended by most Surgeons as there are potential downsides to having implants in the subglandular position. These include potential for rippling/palpability of the implants. It is also a difficult procedure because after a previous Breast Augmentation the breast tissue and skin over the muscle have been stretched and are thinner. Dissecting the overlying breast tissue can be difficult and if any breast tissue is damaged it can cause a visible deformity.
How long after Breast Augmentation can I have a Breast Revision?
The standard minimum waiting time is 6 months to ensure the initial surgery has fully healed, and the implant settled into place. The time can be shortened if the revision is due to complications related to the initial surgery.
Some of these photos are generic examples only and are not necessarily CosMediTour Clients