Surgery Travel Warranty Terms & Conditions
“The Client” acknowledges and agrees with the following:
- The CosMediTour Surgery Travel Warranty only applies to and is valid for clients who have booked via CosMediTour a; Breast Augmentation, Breast Augmentation with Lift, Breast Lift, Breast Reduction, Mummy Makeover (Breast Lift + Augmentation and Tummy Tuck), Tummy Tuck, Extended Tummy Tuck, Lower Face & Neck Lift, Mid & Lower Face and Neck Lift or Rhinoplasty, at The World Medical Centre, Bangpakok 9 International Hospital, Samitivej Chinatown Hospital, or Phuket Plastic Surgery Institute-PPSI (formerly PIAC). The Warranty is valid for 12 months from the initial surgery date, and must be purchased by the client and accepted by CosMediTour prior to departure for surgery.
- The Warranty only covers the client taking out the Premium. Expenses for any accompanying companion or family members will be an additional cost and paid for directly to CosMediTour at the time of booking.
- All cosmetic surgical procedures carry Risks/Complications and their own inherent risks and complications, of which you must be aware of and have made your own research about. Inherent risks of surgery including but not limited to numbness and changes in sensation, asymmetry, seroma, hematoma, are not covered by the Warranty.
- The Warranty is only valid for cases where complications arise as a direct result of the surgery, surgeon error or hospitalisation. In the case of capsular contracture (with full proof and detailed reports), when this has occurred within 12 months post surgery, for first time breast augmentation clients, textured implants and under 500cc. Revision surgery must be accepted by your plastic surgeon and Hospital Review Board and CosMediTour in writing prior to any arrangements confirmed for your return to Thailand.
- The Warranty will cover, as determined and booked at the discretion of CosMediTour, your accommodation, flights, and transfers, in the event that you are approved by the Hospital Review Board to return to Thailand for revision surgery. In the case of patient negligence or other breaches of the Warranty conditions resulting in the requirement for revision surgery, the Warranty contribution (if any) from CosMediTour will be determined on a case by case basis.
- You may be required to wait for 6 to 12 months post surgery for a final revision surgery determination to be made by the Surgeon and Hospital Review Board, by which time a final aesthetic assessment can be made. Breast Implants requested by you in a different shape, size and profile to your original implants may be available and determined by the Hospital Review Board and additional costs will apply.
- Capsular Contracture coverage is not available for patients choosing implants 500cc and larger, smooth implants or 2nd time breast revision surgery or implants used in Breast lift or Reduction.
- Any asymmetry of your breasts prior to surgery may still be evident following surgery and is not covered by the Warranty.
- In the event of a claim relating to the ‘aesthetic outcome’ of surgery, the Surgeon and Hospital Review Board will determine if revision surgery under the Warranty is required.
- The Warranty is not valid for and not limited to, emergency medical treatments, treatment for infections, scar revision, seromas, hematomas or subjective ‘aesthetic opinions’ of surgery outcomes.
- The Warranty will be voided if during the face to face consultation with your surgeon prior to surgery you request any aspect of your procedure against your surgeon’s recommendations. In the event your surgeon agrees to proceed with your preferred requests, against his recommendations, your Warranty may be voided. Your case will be reviewed by the Hospital Review Board, and if any revision surgery or medical treatment is required as a direct consequence of this decision, all revision surgery and travel costs will be payable by you.
- You must follow postoperative care advice given by your surgeon and any other surgeon or medical practitioner at the hospital or clinic that may be required to provide advice, including medication recommendations, restricted activities and follow up care.
- Compression garments when recommended must be worn according to your surgeon’s instructions.
- You must not smoke from 4 weeks prior to and for 4 weeks post surgery.
- You must not drink alcohol 1 week prior to surgery and for the complete post-operative period until you have ceased your course of antibiotics or as advised otherwise by your surgeon.
- You must remain in Bangkok or Phuket (where surgery was performed) at your hotel or resort for the time frame required by your surgeon post surgery. Early departures within this time frame from these areas may result in your Warranty being voided.
- Recovery period post surgery whilst in Thailand is regarded as crucial to your healing and results. You must adhere to rest and recuperation and refrain from unnecessary activities, such as and not limited to; bars, nightclubs, tourist group tours, public transport in peak hours, trekking, elephant rides, boat tours, kayaking.
- It is a requirement that you follow the pre and post-operative guidelines set out by the hospital, and follow your surgeon’s instructions. It is a requirement to complete the post-surgery follow up consultation (at the set time given to you at the hospital) with your surgeon.
- Upon return from Thailand post surgery, in any event that you consider to be an emergency, such as acute pain, acute swelling or infection, you must seek immediate medical assistance from a licensed medical practitioner or Hospital, obtain a medical report or statement detailing the diagnosis, treatment provided and cost of treatment, contact CosMediTour immediately and forward all information. Failure to notify CosMediTour may result in your Warranty being voided.
- Upon return from Thailand post surgery and you make claims regarding and not limited to; capsular contracture, movement of implant, change of shape, possible hardening, you must seek professional medical consultation for examination, submit all reports including Ultrasound and/or MRI report detailing diagnosis, before any review by CosMediTour and hospital/surgeon will be considered. Self diagnosis of potential issue claims will not be accepted.
- The cost of any consultations, examinations, MRIs, ultrasounds and other tests undertaken by the Client in determining any evidence required for establishing if revision surgery is warranted are not covered.
- You must provide post operative “quality” photographs to CosMediTour by email or in office appointment, within 2 weeks of returning home. Failure to do so may result in cancellation of the Warranty. You will then be required to submit to CosMediTour, approved images of your surgery and surgery sites 30, 90 and 180 days post surgery.
- No procedures, except in emergencies or acute complications, may be performed by another surgeon without the consent of your surgeon and the Hospital Review Board, which will be obtained by CosMediTour. Failure to pre notify CosMediTour for written approval will result in the Warranty being voided.
- Any changes associated with weight gain or loss, or pregnancy following surgery that affect your surgery outcome, will not be covered.
- All travel arrangements must be booked by and paid to CosMediTour. There will be no reimbursements for any direct travel purchases by clients.
- Approved flights booked by CosMediTour must be confirmed in 2 days of notification to the Client. Delays in confirmation by the Client will incur re-booking costs.
- The Warranty is subject to the hospital or clinic and operating surgeon’s standard terms of acceptance of patients for surgery.
- Any Revision Surgery date must be confirmed a minimum 60 days prior to travel date to ensure enough time for CosMediTour to make all arrangements and book suitable flights. No bookings will be accepted within 60 days or during Phuket peak season dates (November – March) and/or during any school holidays. In the event that the Client wants to travel during these times, surcharges and extra costs will apply and are payable by the Client.
- All conditions are subject to change at any time prior to your surgery and the latest applicable conditions will be those published on the CosMediTour.com website at the time of your surgery. CosMediTour will maintain a register of all updates of these conditions and applicable dates published.
- All Clients must ensure that they understand all information that has been communicated in person, phone, email or mail, with the CosMediTour office during the arrangements process prior to departure.
Liability: CosMediTour does not guarantee the outcome or any results of any Client procedure/s performed by the surgeon in Thailand. CosMediTour is a facilitator and organiser only, assisting Clients after they have chosen and confirmed to proceed with surgery, by organising arrangements for surgery dates, travel and accommodation only. CosMediTour does not accept any liability in contract or in tort for any miscommunication, misunderstanding, injury, damage, communication delays by the hospital, loss, delay, surgery outcomes, additional expenses incurred or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force majeure, unanticipated or uncontrollable event or effect on our part or directly or indirectly in connection with any surgical arrangement organised by CosMediTour on the Client’s behalf. The Client agrees to release, defend and hold harmless CosMediTour and its officers, employees and agents from all and any such liability and indemnify each of them and CosMediTour severally against any claims that may be made by or through the Client related to CosMediTour office and consultants and/or any use of the Website, Instagram or Facebook page in any manner.
I (“The Client”) declare that I have read and clearly understand and acknowledge ALL of the above points of the Surgery Travel Warranty Terms and Conditions and Disclaimer and wish to purchase my eligible surgery Warranty and proceed to surgery in Thailand.
Version: STW/V5: 2018