Surgery Travel Warranty Terms & Conditions
“The Client” acknowledges and agrees with the following:
- The Warranty only applies to and is valid for clients who have booked via CosMediTour one or more of the following procedures: Breast Augmentation, Breast Augmentation with Lift, Breast Lift, Breast Reduction, Tummy Tuck, Extended Tummy Tuck, Belt Lipectomy, Mummy Makeover (Breast Lift with/without Breast Augmentation and a Tummy Tuck/Extended Tummy Tuck/Belt Lipectomy), Lower Face & Neck Lift, Mid & Lower Face and Neck Lift, Brow Lift, Rhinoplasty with/without septoplasty, at; The World Medical Center (WMC), Samitivej Chinatown Hospital (SCT), PPSI – Phuket Plastic Surgery Institute in Phuket, Bangkok or Samui. The Warranty is valid for 12 months from the initial post-surgery valid concern communications direct with CosMediTour, must be purchased by the client and accepted by CosMediTour prior to departure for Thailand for surgery.
- Not all cosmetic plastic surgery procedures result in perfect outcomes, and the unpredictable nature of cosmetic surgery, combined with client expectations, may lead to Revision surgery.
- All cosmetic plastic surgery procedures carry risks and complications and their own inherent risks and complications. We recommend that all clients undertake full research into the risks and complications associated with invasive surgery procedures performed under general anaesthesia and the risks and complications associated with the surgery procedure/s being considered.
- The Warranty is only valid for cases where valid concerns/issues that arise as a direct result of the surgery, surgeon error or hospitalisation. Does not include the inherent risks of surgery. In the case of capsular contracture (for first-time breast augmentation clients) with full proof and detailed reports, and this has occurred within 12 months post-surgery, will be covered (cost of replacement smooth implants).
- The Warranty will cover, as determined and booked at the discretion of CosMediTour only, your accommodation, flights, and transfers. In the case of patient negligence or other breaches of the Warranty conditions resulting in the requirement for revision surgery, the Warranty contribution (if any) from CosMediTour will be determined on a case by case basis.
- Any Revision surgery must be accepted and approved by your plastic surgeon, the Hospital Review Board and CosMediTour in writing prior to any arrangements confirmed for your return to Thailand. This review process of all concerns and issues will take time.
- CosMediTour will assess all claims and reserves the right to share your personal details, medical history and images with other Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons that CosMediTour is associated with, in any country and without your prior approval, in order to obtain further professional assessments of your claims and outcomes.
- You may be required to wait a further for 6 to 12 months post-surgery for a final revision surgery determination to be made by the Surgeon and Hospital Review Board, by which time a final aesthetic assessment can be made.
- The Warranty only covers the client undertaking the surgery procedure/s. Expenses for any accompanying companion or family members will be at an additional cost and paid for directly to CosMediTour at the time of booking.
- All travel arrangements must be booked by and paid to CosMediTour. There will be no reimbursements for any direct travel purchases by clients. Approved flights booked by CosMediTour must be confirmed in 2 days of notification to the Client. Delays in confirmation by the Client may incur re-booking costs.
- If you cancel a booked and paid for return travel for revision surgery, all cancellation fees will apply and further bookings will be payable by the client. Warranty is a one time use.
- You must follow post-operative care instructions and advice given by your surgeon and any other surgeon or medical practitioner at the hospital or clinic that may be required to provide advice, including medication recommendations, restricted activities and follow up care. It is a requirement to complete the post-surgery follow up consultation (at the set time given to you at the hospital) with your surgeon.
- Compression garments when recommended must be worn according to your surgeon’s instructions.
- In the event of a claim relating to the ‘aesthetic outcome’ of surgery, the Surgeon and Hospital Review Board will determine if revision surgery is required or warranted under the Warranty.
- The Warranty will be voided if during the face to face consultation with your surgeon prior to surgery you request to alter any aspect of your procedure against your surgeon’s recommendations. In the event your surgeon agrees to proceed with your preferred requests, against his recommendations, your Warranty may be voided. Your case will be reviewed by the Hospital Review Board, and if any revision surgery or medical treatment is required as a direct consequence of this decision, all revision surgery and travel costs will be payable by you.
- The Warranty is not valid for inherent risks of cosmetic plastic surgery including and not limited to; seroma, hematoma, infection, necrosis, pain, numbness and changes in sensation, asymmetry, areola bleed, scar puckering, rippling, double bubble, continued sagging of breasts, face/ jowls/neck.
- The Warranty is not valid for and not limited to; emergency medical treatments, treatment for infections, scar revision, scar debridement, seromas, hematomas, pain, AND subjective ‘aesthetic opinions’ of surgery outcomes.
- Post-surgery aesthetic claims made that are minor in nature or may require a “touch up” surgery, will not be covered.
- Any asymmetry and difference in size of a clients’ breasts prior to surgery may still be evident following surgery and is not covered by the Warranty.
- Capsular Contracture coverage is not available for; patients choosing implants 500cc and larger, 2nd-time breast revision surgery cases or implants used in Breast Lift or Reduction. Nor if Capsular Contracture that has been caused by internal medical post-surgery hematoma or seroma that has not been aspired in a timely manner.
- Breast Implants requested by you in a different shape, size and profile to your original implants will be determined by the Surgeon and Hospital Review Board and additional costs to you will apply.
- You must not smoke within 4 weeks prior to and post-surgery, as this may affect your surgery recovery and will result in the warranty being voided. Previous prolonged smoking of 10 years and over may affect your recovery and results, especially if a client is having face/neck lift, and has only stopped smoking within 12 months of booked surgery.
- You must not drink any alcohol 1 week prior to surgery and for the complete postoperative period in Thailand.
- You must remain in Bangkok, Phuket or Samui (where surgery was performed) at your hotel or resort for the time frame required by your surgeon post-surgery. Early departures within this time frame must be approved by your surgeon for approved travel for follow up care in locations.
- The recovery period post-surgery whilst in Thailand is regarded as crucial to your healing and results. You must adhere to rest and recuperation and refrain from unnecessary activities, such as and not limited to; excessive shopping, bars, nightclubs, tourist group tours, public transport in peak hours, trekking, elephant rides, boat tours, kayaking.
- Upon return from Thailand post-surgery, in any event that you consider to be an emergency, such as acute pain, acute swelling or infection, you must seek immediate medical assistance from a licensed medical practitioner or Hospital, obtain a medical report or statement detailing the diagnosis, treatment provided and contact CosMediTour immediately and forward all information. Failure to notify CosMediTour may result in the Warranty being voided.
- Upon return from Thailand post Breast Augmentation surgery and you make claims regarding and not limited to; capsular contracture, movement of implant, change of shape, possible hardening, you must seek professional medical consultation for examination, submit all reports including Ultrasound and/or MRI report detailing diagnosis, for review by CosMediTour and the surgeon and/or Review Board. Self-diagnosis of potential issue claims will not be accepted.
- Cost of any consultations, examinations, MRIs, ultrasounds and other tests undertaken by the Client in determining any evidence required for establishing if revision surgery is warranted are not covered.
- You must provide postoperative quality photographs to CosMediTour by email or in-office appointment, within 4 weeks of returning home, then submit photos at 1 month, 3 months, 6 months post-surgery and 12 months (for Rhinoplasty clients). Failure to do so may result in the Warranty being voided.
- Any post-surgery surgical cosmetic procedures, except in the case of emergencies or acute complications, may be performed by another surgeon and will not be covered by the Warranty.
- Any changes to surgical outcome associated with weight gain or loss, or pregnancy following surgery that affect your surgery outcome, will not be covered by the Warranty.
- The Warranty is subject to the hospital or clinic and operating surgeon’s standard terms of acceptance of patients for surgery.
- Any Revision Surgery date must be confirmed a minimum of 90 days prior to travel date to ensure enough time for CosMediTour to make all arrangements and book suitable flights. No bookings will be accepted within 60 days of proposed revision surgery nor during Phuket or Koh Samui High Season dates (November – April and/or during any school holidays). Any client wanting to travel during these times, surcharges and extra costs will apply and payable by the Client.
- All conditions are subject to change at any time prior to your surgery and the latest applicable conditions will be those published on the CosMediTour.com website at the time of your surgery. CosMediTour will maintain a register of all updates of these conditions and applicable dates published. Upon acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, a copy will be sent directly to you and CosMediTour.
- All communications with CosMediTour during any review process must remain objective, fair and reasonable, as we review and process all information on your behalf. We will take all and any “threats” against CosMediTour seriously.
- Warranty will be voided if any negative, unreasonable, critical comments against CosMediTour are reported on any “3rd party forums”.
- All Clients must ensure that they understand all information that has been communicated in person, phone and email with the CosMediTour office during the arrangements process prior to departure.
Liability: CosMediTour does not guarantee the outcome or any results of any Client procedure/s performed by the surgeon in Thailand. CosMediTour is a facilitator and organiser only, assisting Clients after they have chosen and confirmed to proceed with surgery, by organising arrangements for surgery dates, travel and accommodation only. CosMediTour does not accept any liability in contract or in tort for any miscommunication, misunderstanding, injury, damage, communication delays by the hospital, loss, delay, surgery outcomes, additional expenses incurred or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force majeure, unanticipated or uncontrollable event or effect on our part or directly or indirectly in connection with any surgical arrangement organised by CosMediTour on the Client’s behalf. The Client agrees to release, defend and hold harmless CosMediTour and its officers, employees and agents from all and any such liability and indemnify each of them and CosMediTour severally against any claims that may be made by or through the Client related to CosMediTour office and consultants and/or any use of the Website, Instagram or Facebook page in any manner.
I (“The Client”) declare that I have read and clearly understand and acknowledge ALL of the above points of the Surgery Travel Warranty Terms and Conditions and Disclaimer and wish to purchase my eligible Surgery Travel Warranty.